Thanks Ronni,

I have updated Flip4Mac and Perian is up to date, the local WMV files now play
OK but the problem still occurs on youtube clips.  I uninstalled Flash
Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt from Hard Drive > Library > Internet Plug-Ins
and re-started but the clips wouldn't work and it downloaded a file
cps42IRMGFE.  I reinstated the flashplayer files one at a time but the problem
returned with them.

Regards,

Adrian
adrianske...@me.com