Hi everyone - hope you don't mind me jumping on this question with a related
issue

I have recently purchased a macbook pro
2.8 intel core i7
4gb ram 1333 mhz ddr3
lion 10.7.4

I have used the transfer my mac utility from my older macbook

The issue I'm having is that some of the apps are VERY slow - much slower than
the old macbook (albeit i did max the ram on that unit). Preview in particular
is the worst offender.

I have done the obvious - used disk utility to repair permissions and with a
750gb drive with loads of space on it, I can't see anything that is an obvious
factor. My web search indicated that sophos may be slowing it down.

Would appreciate any suggestions, many thanks in advance.... (and Ronnie, pls
don't stop whatever you are doing to be first to reply ;)

Best regards

Justin Davies