Thanks Carlo and Ronni too for direct support on this topic.

I agree with your recommended actions there Carlo, I'll get a 1TB external to
act as temp storage of the two 'good' sparsebundles and then gradually
reintroduce the MBs to the TC post reset. Hopefully an amicable process for all
units.

Will revert hopefully with a successful closure.

A positive byproduct of all this I have to say has been a much increased
awareness for me of cloning, migration assistant, computer naming and Terminal
commands.

Regards

Pete