Pete, I am a bit worried that you will not have enough computer power to hand.
I would suggest no less than five iPad minis, one each, maybe six with a spare
in case of problems!
Dad

On 11/05/2013, at 12:08 PM, Peter Crisp <petercr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Folks, I'm taking my family to the US and Canada in September/October for
> nearly 5 weeks. My wife and I have iPhones and kids each have an iPod touch
> and soon iPad Mini (WIFI only) each. I also have an iPad (WIFI only) regular.
> All iPads are/going to be 16GB.
>
> I have a couple of questions.
>
> If when I get there and I call up the App Store for local relevant apps with
> any of these devices, will it seek the Aus store or the US store and does it
> matter anyway?
>
> How do I charge? Shall I eBay some US plugged chargers? Use car adaptor of
> cigarette point which I already have.
>
> I also have a DSLR camera and I'll be taking lots of photos. It has a 32GB SD
> card in it and I want to do some backing up of the images whilst in transit.
> I have an SD to iPad adaptor, so importing to one or more of the iPads might
> serve as back up storage, or I could simply place onto a MEM stick if I use a
> computer at a Internet cafe from the SD. I'm hoping not to have to cart any
> of our MacBooks.
>
> I also use my laptop and others use their respective computers for iTunes
> library storage, so I don't use iCloud.
>
> I'm interested how others have dealt with these questions. Thanks for any
>
> Regards
>
> Pete

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au