If Junk Mail is still coming to your InBox, then you may have it set to
"training mode".
If you want it to "file" them for you then in Mail - Preferences go to Junk
Mail.
You'll see choices like
When junk mail arrives
• Mark it as junk, but leave it in my Inbox
• Move it to the Junk mailbox
• Perform custom actions (Click Advanced to configure).

If you have it set to "move to the Junk Mailbox" then it will move them away
for you from your InBox, but store them so you can "just double check". (before
deleting them).
Or you can customise it to do other options. (e.g. delete automatically) etc.

Depending on your hosting then you can also set them up with Cpanel from your
hosting side as well, and create auto filters that will filter out a specific
address to not be seen again. And adjust "spam filters" from the host end as
well.
(which is what a lot of my hosting clients do).

"spam" as such in Australia can only be stopped if the company is operating
from an Australian address with an Australia website/address etc. Nothing they
can do about the rest of the world unfortunately.

My spam for the week is "you have a message from LinkedIn", click here." About
10+ a day. And I don't even belong to the stupid thing. Never signed up for
LinkedIn, not interested in. Not interested in the spam. Yet,…I still get it.
(pretending to be them).

Welcome to the world of the internet. Spam is it's ugly side effect I'm afraid.

Kind regards
Daniel

Sent from my iPhone 5

---