Sorry Tony I made an error in my previous email... Sleep deprived - I did not 
sleep last night and badly need some sleep :(
You are running Mavericks
Go to Application > Utilities and open the Terminal app. 
At the prompt, copy/paste the following command 

rm -rf ~/.Trash/*

Hit Return
Then quit Terminal 

Sent from Ronni's iPad4


> On 8 Sep 2014, at 10:16 pm, Ronni Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Tony,
> 
> My comments in Situ below
> 
>> On 8 Sep 2014, at 8:55 pm, Anthony (Tony) Francis <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> Hello Ronni
>> 
>> Now to answer your questions, my goodness listen to the rain, my query is in 
>> regards to our older laptop, which I have taken over.
>> 
>> Due to other Mac’s in the House this Lap top has been ignored for a while. 
>> Not wanting to lose any photo’s I want to back up iPhoto and leave the 
>> computer to back up to the external hard drive on a regular basis.
> 
> How large is the External Drive you have  formatted 'Mac OS Extended 
> (Journaled)' - Partition Map Scheme: GUID Partition Table? 
> If there is nothing on the external drive,  and if it is 1 & 1/2 to 2 times 
> larger than the hard drive on the computer use Time Machine to backup the 
> whole system.
> 
> Time Machine will regularly backup everything on the Laptop... including 
> iPhoto
> 
> NOTE: iPhoto must be closed 'Quit' when Time Machine does a backup, if iPhoto 
> is left Open TM will not backup iPhoto.
> 
>> Last Back up was 3 years ago, approximately.
>> 
>> 
>> Running OSX 10.9.4
>> 
>> 
>> iPhoto 08. Version 7.1.5 (378).
>> 
>> 
>> The external Hard Drive has been formatted.
>> 
>> 
>> One question, aside from the iPhoto request Ronni, how do I delete rubbish 
>> that is ‘Locked’?? I have 2 Movies in the bin and cannot delete them despite 
>> saying yes to “Do you want to delete the locked files”, I can’t seem to be 
>> able to delete them.
> 
> Hold down Shift + Option key while choosing 'Empty Trash'
> 
> If that doesn't empty the trash
> Open Terminal.app
> Paste this command      rm -r ~/.Trash
> hit return key
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>> 
>> Thank you Ronni
>> 
>> Kindest Regards and best wishes
>> 
>> Tony
>>  xoxo
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>