Thanks Ronni, just saw this now, ignore my previous request for info
on renewing lease.
Regards
Pete. 

----- Original Message -----
From: [email protected]
To:"[email protected]" 
Cc:
Sent:Sun, 14 Sep 2014 21:21:53 +0800
Subject:Re: Ethernet to Thunderbolt adaptor

 In System Preferences > Network did you change your connection to
Ethernet?
 Then 'Refresh DHCP Lease'

 1. Unplug the thunderbolt converter
 2. Wait few secs, then plug it back in
 3.Go to System Preferences > Network > Advanced - Refresh DHCP lease

 Cheers,
 Ronni
 Sent from Ronni's iPad4

 > On 14 Sep 2014, at 8:56 pm, Peter Crisp  wrote:
 > 
 > I bought myself a Gigabit Ethernet to Thunderbolt adaptor so my MBP
Retina can utilise ethernet for big backups and other large data
movements. Tonight I plugged it in and I thought it would auto
recognise but nothing. I checked in System Prefs under Thunderbolt and
“Not Connected” is noted for both ports. I proved the ethernet
cable is good with another older MB connected so everything up to the
plug is good. I read online about some faulty adaptors and maybe this
is the case with mine.
 > 
 > I thought I’d ask maybe there is a simple start command to set it
up and use it.
 > 
 > Any experiences anyone?
 > 
 > Regards
 > 
 > Pete….
 -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
 Archives - 
 Guidelines - 
 Settings & Unsubscribe -
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>