Hi Ronni, you're a legend. Switching to Location = Automatic sorted it. I was set on "Home" and presumably that was preventing it from connecting.
So glad I didn't have to cart the MBP and fitting to the Apple store for the guys there to resolve what was a simple toggle. All good now. Thanks again for your help. Pete > On 17 Sep 2014, at 1:27 pm, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi Peter, > > In System Preferences > Network do you have Location: Automatic? > > You have first connected the Thunderbolt to Ethernet adaptor to your MBP and > then an Ethernet cable from the adapter to an Ethernet port on your Time > Capsule? > > Once you do that you should see in System Preferences > Network that the > Thunderbolt Bridge will immediately pick up an IP Address and shows connected > & a green dot. > > If you click on Advanced - it will show Bridge Status - Thunderbolt Ethernet > status Active. > Thunderbolt 1 - inactive. > > Cheers, > Ronni > > Sent from Ronni's iPad4 > > >> On 17 Sep 2014, at 9:56 am, [email protected] wrote: >> >> Hi Peter, I tried again with the adaptor. When looking in the "About this >> Mac" > More Info panel > Thuderbolt, the two ports are noted and one of them >> shows the adaptor connected. So it has recognised it. >> >> Then when I look at Network Preferences panel there are two Thunderbolt >> entries in the left panel - BOTH have red lights - one says "Thunder...", >> the other says "thu....bridge". When I go into each one and press the renew >> DHCP lease I get an open box beneath where it is requiring me to input >> something (I can't recall what is asked for) - but I didn't know what to put >> in next anyway. >> >> Did you or anyone else have any of these issues and if resolved how? >> >> Regards >> >> Peter. >> >> >> >> ----- Original Message ----- >> From: >> [email protected] >> >> To: >> <[email protected]> >> Cc: >> >> Sent: >> Tue, 16 Sep 2014 07:12:33 +0800 >> Subject: >> Re: Ethernet to Thunderbolt adaptor >> >> >> >> On 15 Sep 2014, at 9:14 am, [email protected] wrote: >> >> Thanks for that Peter. I think I had given it at least a minute to >> 'recognise' the connection. There are two Thunderbolt ports, how do I know >> which is which in the System Info panel so I can renew the DHCP lease? >> >> >> The Network Preferences panel will tell you which port is active It will be >> the only one showing up in the panel, since you won't be connecting both at >> the same time. >> >> Peter Hinchliffe Apwin Computer Services >> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer >> Perth, Western Australia >> Phone (618) 9332 6482 Mob 0403 046 948 >> -------------------------------------------------------------------- >> Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to. >> >> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- >> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> >> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> >> Settings & Unsubscribe - >> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug> > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- > Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> > Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> > Settings & Unsubscribe - > <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

