Hi Ronni,

> Your Router/Gateway Address is 192.168.0.1
> System Preferences  > Network - Advanced > TCP/IP
> Configure IPv4: Using DHCP
> IPv4 Address: 192.168.0.xx   (this will change automatically because you are
> using DHCP)
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
> Router: 192.168.0.1 should stay the same
> DNS Server should be the same as the Router: 192.168.0.1

All that is true for me, but I've just booted up one of the old machines and
checked it out:

IPv4 uses DHCP
IPv4 address 192.168.2.xx
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Router 192.168.2.1

Right now I have manually set the DNS server to 192.168.0.1 and it is working.
If I reboot it may just stop again.

Geoff's machine is connected using wifi and it is working despite the following
settings:
IPv4 address 192.168.2.xx
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Router 192.168.2.1
DNS is set to 192.168.2.1

I'm finding this extremely frustrating - I'm not sure how we can be getting
different router and DNS IP numbers, and I cannot explain why the wifi is
seeing the shared internet connection on ethernet when nothing else can.
Despite the different IP numbers we can still file share. I have tried cutting
out the Cisco hub - just a single cable between our two machines. Again, we
could file share but not share the internet connection.

Thanks for trying to help. Kaye