Just wondering. Is there anything I could use in TechTool Pro to run checks ? I have that installed.
> On 28 Feb 2017, at 11:12 am, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi Stephen, > > Before we suggest other possibilities for Slow performance on your iMac. > > Did you uninstall Net Barrier & Intego Virus Barrier correctly? > To properly uninstall your Intego software it is important that you use the > latest Installer for your software. > > "NOTE: If you have already tried to manually uninstall portions of Intego > software, this will lead to a partial uninstall, even if you used Finder or > Spotlight search to locate Intego files. In this case, you will need to first > reinstall Intego software before being able to proceed to a clean and > complete uninstall." > > https://support.intego.com/hc/en-us/articles/207117548-How-to-Uninstall-Intego-Products > > <https://support.intego.com/hc/en-us/articles/207117548-How-to-Uninstall-Intego-Products> > > Cheers, > Ronni > Sent from Ronni's iPad4 > > > On 28 Feb 2017, at 9:44 am, Stephen Chape <[email protected] > <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: > >> That’s what puzzles me Peter. >> I only use it for Excel, Word and PDF files. >> My total use is 2.6 GB of my free 5 GB. >> >> >>> On 28 Feb 2017, at 7:24 am, Peter Hinchliffe <[email protected] >>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: >>> >>> >>>> On 27 Feb 2017, at 11:06 pm, Stephen Chape <[email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: >>>> >>>> Every so often my iMac slows down considerably. >>>> I can hear the HD humming away but I have no idea what it is doing. >>>> It seems to happen more often just after start up, but not always. >>>> Sometimes everything grinds almost to a halt and I have to simply sit and >>>> wait. >>>> >>>> A couple of weeks ago I uninstalled Intego Net Barrier & Intego Virus >>>> Barrier thinking they were the cause. >>>> However it happened again yesterday several times. >>>> But it has not happened today. >>>> >>>> I have checked Activity Monitor and noticed that DropBox seems very >>>> prominent a lot of the time. >>>> There are quite a few websites claiming that DropBox can slow a Mac down. >>>> I am not convinced that DropBox is the culprit though because it is so >>>> popular and well respected. >>>> >>>> Any ideas please folks ? >>>> >>>> iMac 21.5 inch Late 2012. >>>> i7 processor 3.1GHz >>>> 16GB RAM >>>> Latest Sierra macOS >>>> >>>> >>>> Regards, >>>> Stephen Chape >>>> >>>> >>> >>> Dropbox could well be involved, depending on what you have stored there. >>> Just as an example, Dropbox has the annoying habit of asking you if you >>> want to store your photos there, every time you attach a mobile device or >>> an SD card. A friend of mine brought her work’s network to its knees after >>> unwittingly agreeing to this, at which point Dropbox commenced syncing over >>> 1200 photos to its servers. The activity saturated their little wireless >>> router, rendering the network virtually unusable while her computer was on. >>> >>> I’m not saying this is necessarily the problem in your case, but it would >>> be instructive to have a look at just what you have in your Dropbox folder. >>> Dropbox is certainly a safe, reliable service, but like everything it does >>> need a little care and attention. I make sure I only use it for smallish >>> files. The really important stuff I keep at home. >>> >>> Peter Hinchliffe Apwin Computer Services >>> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer >>> Perth, Western Australia >>> Phone (618) 9332 6482 Mob 0403 046 948 >>> -------------------------------------------------------------------- >>> Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to. > > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- > Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> > Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> > Settings & Unsubscribe - > <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug> Regards, Stephen Chape
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

