Hello Diana,

Check Graham’s iiNet Account settings are correct.

You can 'Edit the SMTP Server List’.
Incoming (POP/IMAP email Server  - Outgoing (SMTP) email server
           mail.iinet.net.au <http://mail.iinet.net.au/>
        mail.iinet.net.au <http://mail.iinet.net.au/>

1. Open Mail > Preferences > Accounts

2. Click “iiNet POP" & Under 'Accounts'

3. Go to Server Settings/ Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): mail.iinet.net.au
<http://mail.iinet.net.au/>
    click on the Arrow & Scroll to 'Edit SMTP Server List'

4. Click the +

5. Double click (where it says to) & type in mail.iinet.net.au
<http://mail.iinet.net.au/>
6. Click  mail.iinet.net.au <http://mail.iinet.net.au/> so it shows in Outgoing
Mail Server (SMTP)

7. See if you can send an email

SSL Encrypted ports (recommended for Hosted Exchange through the iiNet Group)
        • Ensure that your email settings are correct for your iiNet Group
email,
        • particularly: Outgoing (SMTP) port: 465
SSL: Enabled
Authentication/password: Yes - use your email address as the username, and your
email password

        •       If you find the above settings aren’t working for you, try the
following settings for your outgoing mail server:

Outgoing port: 587
        • Authentication/password: Yes - use your email address as the
username, and your email password

Regards,
Ronni

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

macOS High Sierra 10.13