Postscript to my previous message:

I have got rid of the extra Internet Account. There was only one shared note, I
unshared it, deleted the account, re-shared and the extra account did not
reappear. It was redundant anyway as it is part of the iCloud Account.

It made no difference, Graham’s SMTP server is still offline. Should I delete
his account and reinstate?

Diana

Hi Ronni

I had tried to edit the SMTP Server list but did not try adding a server.

I added the server as you described below. But when I select it from the list
it puts my email address in the username.

The drop-down list has:
iCloud (Offline)
iinet.net.au <http://iinet.net.au/>
mail.iinet.net.au <http://mail.iinet.net.au/> (Offline)
SMTP [default name added server]

Choosing any option from the list results in my email address being in the
username. Choosing the 3rd option initially puts Graham's address in, then it
changes to mine. I tried to get the server back online, tried taking all
accounts offline, restart, safe mode, zapped PRAM (totally weird with no chime)
nothing fixed it.

The outgoing port is 587, I assume that Daniel chose this when he set up the
computer.

I just looked in the Internet Account Preferences and there is one for each of
our accounts plus a second iinet.net.au <http://iinet.net.au/> labeled 'Notes'
where the others have 'Mail'. When I select it I get the error message "Can't
connect to account ... enter password ...".

Should I delete it?

Thanks for your help, Diana

Sent from my iPad