Hi Jewels,

First off - I do not have any experience of MYOB - so this is just more general
thoughts on your problem.

I run my own SMSF and do my own investing and accounting (except I need an
independent audit) but I am not an accountant (pre-retirement I was an
engineer.)

Since I try and do everything paperless, I have had to learn how to interface
with the ATO to lodge tax returns, do TBAR reporting etc (but no payroll
reporting).

So some thoughts:

MYOB Resources:
I presume you have already checked out the MYOB resources on this:
<http://help.myob.com.au/ae18/mac/> seems to be the MAC specific help centre
and
<http://help.myob.com.au/ae18/mac/new_features_7.001.htm> seems to cover STP
and gives step by step instructions for the MAC which SEEM quite simple -
though I realise ( and have experienced) that things often become more
complicated when you actually try and follow simple instructions ;o(
I also see that the MYOB community has an STP Q&A page
<https://community.myob.com/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP-Q-A/bd-p/STPQnA> which
includes MAC related Q&As
I also see that they offer online support and live chat options

STP alternatives:
I have no idea how big an organisation you run or how committed you are to
MYOB. If you already have a firm commitment and a lot of time/effort invested
in your MYOB accounts then I can see that persisting with MYOB and using it for
STP is probably your preferred option.
I notice that if you have four or less employees, the ATO is offering no
cost/low cost STP solutions:
<https://www.ato.gov.au/business/single-touch-payroll/in-detail/low-cost-single-touch-payroll-solutions/>
This may not be an option/choice for you but I mention it because I took a
similar path with my SMSF - my accountant died and, rather than find a new
accountant, I decided I was happy doing the accounts myself (I pretty much did
this anyway - the accountant just checked it and lodged the return). I had
decided against dedicated SMSF software (tried it, didn’t like it) and have
used a series of Excel workbooks to handle everything ( not an approach I would
suggest for most but it works for me) - so my problem was how to actually lodge
the returns myself. A similar ATO webpage for SMSF reporting solutions led me
to find a free online accounting system which allows me to lodge the tax
returns direct to the ATO. I don't use this system for my accounting (still
with Excel) I just enter my return figures manually the lodge the return. I see
that they also say that they offer STP - see
<https://www2.freeaccountingsoftware.com.au/home/more/videos> however this is
not a recommendation - my only experience with them is to lodge my annual SMSF
return which works fine for me - I have no idea how their STP would work for
you. I have also found their systems can change from year to year - last year I
had to move from browser based to their desktop app and install Java - and not
just the standard OSX deployment - from memory Java Runtime environment (JRE)
and Java Development Kit (JDK) were required.
As I say, this may have no relevance to you except to highlight that you CAN
use separate systems to lodge direct to the ATO than you use for your
day-to-day accounting.

So, I don't know if that is much help or not. Assuming you are already happy
with MYOB account edge, I would probably just work through the MYOB
MAC-specific instructions and see how easy (or not) it is. - and not be afraid
of making use of their online support/chat/community if problems arise.
However, that's just how I work ;o)

Cheers

Neil
--