Hi Stephen and Marcus,

/quote

There are viruses written for the Mac, iPhones and iPads, they do exist but
Apple is successful at deflecting them because Apple expends a huge effort in
keeping their customers safe, protecting customer privacy via an effective
multi layer defense system built into many layers of the operating system
(which deflects viruses, hackers and other malware).

Apple responds very quickly to new virus threats, automatically updating all
Mac, iPhone and iPad users around the world immediately and invisibly. If you
have Automatic Updates” turned on (which is the normal setting for all users),
then you will receive updated virus protection, invisibly, the same day that
Apple releases it. This is why there is no *Active* virus/malware in the Apple
community, so there is nothing to worry about.
/End quote
https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Avast-slow-down-my-mac-so-much

Kind Regards,
Ronni

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB