al winslow wrote:

> Claes Persson wrote:
>

> > I do think that we have a general obligation to meet arguments of that
> > kind and take them down in order to stop other people to spend time and
> > effort spreading this. It's superstition.
> >
> > But unlike you I have found no reason to think that there must be any
> > intelligence or any other entity that is resposible for that life of all
> >
> > those different beings on this planet excist. The DNA has been
> > responsible for the development via the evolution and lots and lots of
> > time. We are all, every kind of lifeform on earth, at the mercy of the
> > experimenting DNA molecule. Darwin explained that a long time ago. Now
> > that insight is of course not enough for most people (witch is the
> > reason for that this nonsence of creation is still spread. They would
> > like to think that we humans have been created for a special reason and
> > with a special purpose that makes them feel more important. We, a
> > lifform on a small planet that rotates around a small yellow midget sun
> > in the outskirt of one of billion galaxies - the milky way. They also
> > want to think that there is more. As humans we realise that life has not
> >
> > only a start, it has unfortunatelly also an end. That's for sure.
> >
> > Common for all religions is the comfort that they tell the story of a
> > life after death in one form or another, but usually only for those that
> >
> > beleive in the right faith - all of them. In my mind this is diception
> > in order for the priests to be able to keep their flock around them. Big
> >
> > organisations have been created for this pupose and for collecting
> > fortunes.
> >
> > A person - any person- cought in a religion is not free in his or hers
> > mind. It's locked up In some religions they are severly punished if they
> >
> > would dare to express any doubt in the priests explanations. The tribe
> > kills him or her that dare to express any other idea or question than
> > what is given as a religious rule.
> >     FREEDOM
> > Look at all the places where unrest is going on and you will find that
> > there are always a part of religious war going on. And for what? As
> > there are no such thins as a god nor satan nor heaven nor hell. It's
> > invented for religious reasons, so are people not mad? Yes they are and
> > with their thinking locked up.
> >
> > Claes Persson
> > §( :8-)
> >  ----------------------------
>
> I try not to go too far into discussions of God. It's hard for me to
> imagine that intelligence just slowly emerged from the primordial soup
> without there being a pre-existing intelligence. If I'm part of the
> universe and I have a degree of intelligence there's intelligence in the
>
> universe.
> But I don't have anything specific to add to that. Nothing around which
> to build a cathedral, I might say.
>
> How religion has impacted on politics and society is another question
> [...]

===

Yeah, the idea that one can "put" a god in a building and claim that,
'it lives there' <smile> and money, <even bigger smile> is an integral
act of faith, <watch your pocketbook> and that sacrifice <glum smile>
isn't accorded the same as old testament books of law.

Yasir Arafat has a "christian" wife...

My question is, what is the importance of, the Temple Mount, in all of
this?

Please understand the reason of my posting this is, King Davids son,
Solomon, is the one who built the "temple" (to whom?) and also
instituted the Star of David.

Thanks al, for your many interesting responses to this List.  I like to
read "peoples" train of thought over many months and gain an insight
into their intellectual arguments.

I've a few comments on the previous post dealing with the Criminal Court
(kofi annan and company) that is about to be foisted upon the "american"
people.  For those of you out there who know not what "slobodan"
translates, anybody care to guess?  i know, but lets see if you know...
<grin>

Also, both his parents committed suicide. (trivia)

ps- pardon the poor american grammar.

Regards,

Rod