In a message dated 7/22/2002 5:53:21 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

This is what happened to you, Lawana?

=====
Actually, it's just the start ...

NEW COMPUTER:
Gus (our friendly family computer repair genius) is buried under work and his assistant just took a few days off with no notice ...
Heaven only knows when he'll be able to get out here to work on the beast.
OLD COMPUTER:
All my AOL files are stored on ZIP disks and in Word2002 files
Neither my daughter's laptop or desktop computers have a ZIP drive
We have both the WIN98 and WIN98, 2nd edition full version disks ...
AOL 7.0 will NOT work on WIN95
WIN98 full version disks will NOT upgrade an existing operating system
And installing a new system won't work because the WIN98 disks do NOT have all the files I need to run my NEC system ...
A WIN98 upgrade disc is $90
I may/may not be able to buy an upgrade disk on the first -- but I know I can't buy it before then ...
Soooooooooooooo.....
Up Creek ... NO PADDLE!

<sigh>

I went almost 5 years with nary a problem with my 1st computer ... NOW it appears to be payback time, and I am Paying!

Lawana