In a message dated 7/26/02 10:22:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< For natural reasons is my experience of AOL none, but if you have separate
e-mail accounts to each computer it should be possible, if AOL allowes, to
send from one computer to another, from new to old or from old to new by
sending e-mail to the other computers e-mail account. As it's zipped files
you send over you have to have a program on the target computer to unzipp
them. Unless you can not access and read the harddrive at all. >>

=====
In theory, you're correct. I can send email back and forth between my
accounts and I can send email to myself.

In practice, it won't work. AOL versions 7.0 and 5.0 will not recognize each
other. An email created using 7.0 cannot be read by 5.0

When I said ZIP files, I didn't mean "zipped" -- I meant the Iomega ZIP
drive, which holds either 100MB or 250MB on each disk. A floppy, as you know,
only holds 1.44MB

If my daughter had a ZIP drive in her laptop I could have copied my files and
sent them to myself to be opened and read by my old computer -- but she
doesn't.

The other option is to copy/paste the files from my ZIP to my floppy, then
transfer them on her floppy to her laptop, then send them to myself ... only
the files in question are almost 37MB in size, and we don't have that many
floppy's...

Only 5 more days to go, and I can go buy the disk I need to upgrade to WIN98,
2nd edition. Then I can upgrade to 7.0. The only problem is, I haven't done
an issue since the 4th of July ... and the guilt is terrible. I keep getting
email from subscribers ... "when are you going to send another issue", "we
miss you", etc., etc.

It's hell, sometimes, to be so popular!  ;)