Am Montag, 18. September 2006 01:37 schrieb Christian Ohm:
> On Monday, 18 September 2006 at  1:10, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> > >
> > > PS: I changed the Reply-To (reply_goes_to_list option of Mailman) from
> > > Poster to This list and it seems to work.
> >
> > PPS: Mailman says that everything but Poster is evil, because all
> > sensible mail programs have a reply-to-list button. Sounds sensible... Do
> > we agree?
>
> I agree (set Reply-To to the poster).
Perhaps I should have stated it more clearly: Poster doesn't set anything.

Quote from the Mailman help:
---
reply_goes_to_list (general): Where are replies to list messages directed?
Poster is strongly recommended for most mailing lists.
This option controls what Mailman does to the Reply-To: header in messages
flowing through this mailing list. When set to Poster, no Reply-To: header is
added by Mailman, although if one is present in the original message, it is
not stripped. Setting this value to either This list or Explicit address
causes Mailman to insert a specific Reply-To: header in all messages,
overriding the header in the original message if necessary (Explicit address
inserts the value of reply_to_address).
There are many reasons not to introduce or override the Reply-To: header. One
is that some posters depend on their own Reply-To: settings to convey their
valid return address. Another is that modifying Reply-To: makes it much more
difficult to send private replies. See `Reply-To' Munging Considered Harmful
for a general discussion of this issue. See Reply-To Munging Considered
Useful for a dissenting opinion.
Some mailing lists have restricted posting privileges, with a parallel list
devoted to discussions. Examples are `patches' or `checkin' lists, where
software changes are posted by a revision control system, but discussion
about the changes occurs on a developers mailing list. To support these types
of mailing lists, select Explicit address and set the Reply-To: address below
to point to the parallel list.
---