On 9/20/06, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 20. September 2006 19:06 schrieb Christian Vest Hansen:
> 2006/9/20, Ari Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > >
> > > I think I know this one: all of the people who have code in the file,
> > > have copyright. If, for instance, the file is to be relicensed, all of
> > > them must agree to relicense the file.
> >
> > More likely, the copyright is held by a corporation or other business
> > entity, and not by the programmers themselves.  In the US, at least,
> > works made for hire pass the copyright to the employer.
>
> I was presuming the "file" mentioned above was GPLed. If you want to
> relicense a GPLed file, I think you need to get concent  from everyone
> who have code in it.
So the copyright notice in the Warzone sourcecode files has to be:
"Eidos and members of the Warzone Ressurrection Project" ?
Or do we need to list everyone? Or can we refer to the AUTHORS file and add
Eidos to the list of authors?

Also I think long time ago I have heard somewhere that if I a patch to a file
I only have a (maybe partial if I only modified the line) copyright on that
very line I changed. Is that correct?
In the end that would leed us to having copyright on the 7th letter in the
150th line of this and that file. *ugh*

Reading this might help with some of the questions/confusion:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

There are a few questions that discuss mixing your small modifications
with GPLed code.