Am Freitag, 22. September 2006 17:34 schrieb Dennis Schridde:
> Christian Ohm found quite some issues with my current approach.
> > It may not be legaly correct to tell them that we will continue to work
> > as we assumed the license to be till they tell us something different.
>
> At least in US law that seems to be a common practice.
> If there are doubts if this is possible in German law, then it must be
> written by an US american to Eidos USA.
I just asked my mom (don't laugh!) and I am now quite optimistic that this is
ok.

She deals a lot with contracts at work and told me following:
The approach of my letter is legaly correct (according to german law). Just
has a few conditions:
1. We need to send it as certified mail ("Einschreiben").
2. We need to give them _at least_ 2 weeks time (respite) starting from the
time they got that letter.
3. They have to respond within our respite, but are allowed to increase that
respite up to an unknown time. (My mom didn't know exactly how long, but she
thinks that they are allowed to increase it to a max. of additional 4 weeks.)
And they probably won't increase the respite to be larger than legal, because
that would not be legaly helping them...
4. After that time we know for sure what we are allowed to do and what not.

But: Having a lawyer would still be even better...