Ok, I hope I got the general idea. Object if you see problems.

1. Write a LICENSE.TXT where is stated that the sourcecode (everything but
data/) is GPL
2. Write there also that the data is distributed under the GPL and we are not
the copyright holders, but are coordinating with them "to ensure
continued availability under the GPL"
3. Supply the original readme.txt and reference it in the LICENSE.TXT
4. Wait if Frank/Virgil/Rman can make Mr. McLean say something
5. Else write Eidos a mail

1: Shouldn't this LICENSE.TXT be part of the current COPYING file? Or should
we really split that into a GPL file, a ORIGINAL_README and a LICENSE file?

4: How long?

5: Of what kind?

--Dennis