To: "Development list" <warzone-dev@gna.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 12:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Warzone-dev] liboil: interesting for performance improvements,but GCC only

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:23:29 -0500 Dennis Schridde
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just found this library on my system and investigated:
http://liboil.freedesktop.org/wiki/
It implements several commonly used functions, mostly matrix
computations and
similar, in (GCC(!)) inline assemble and checks on startup which
one is the
fastest for the CPU it is currently running on, so that all calls
to oil_*
functions use the fastest implementation.
Might be interesting, especially the matrix stuff, but sadly won't
compile on
MSVC...

--Dennis
AMD also has some matrix stuff that  works on all platforms, but I
don't think we need any of that, we will not really see any real
speed improvements looking at the code.

Anyway, about MSVC, I can't get the program to compile 'as is' with
MSVC.  Tons of errors, and I got the devpkg.7z  & warzone-devpkg.7z
& warzone-lexfiles.7z.
Is there something missing?

By "as is" I mean I just did a svn checkout, then un7ziped those
above to the directory, then open the Warzone.sln file in VCEE, and
you get to the point where I am now. Short list of errors, there
are 100's of others.
Error 410 error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'aText'
level_lexer.l
Error 411 error C2059: syntax error : ';' level_lexer.l
Error 692 error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'STRING'
resource_parser.y
Error 694 error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'res_lval'
resource_parser.h
Error 731 error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'YYSTYPE'
resource_parser.c

So I figure I would ask whats up?

If someone has the correct .sln file(s) then please post them to
mailing list or stick on the ftp site or throw a link.

As Watermelon pointed out, this is probably due to the outdated/missing lexer/grammar files. I have written a Flex/Bison compilation guide http://wz2100.net/wiki/user:flex_bison_win , it should cover all the necessary compilation steps for windows users.

Troman