On Monday, 15 January 2007 at 20:37, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> Am Montag, 15. Januar 2007 20:26 schrieb Dennis Schridde:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I wanted to commit the copyright headers to the sourcecode files, which I
> > forgot for 2.0.5, but I noticed that they say:
> >
> > Copyright (C) 2005-2007 Warzone Resurrection Project
> >
> > Now the "problem" is that 2005 there was no WZRP... An alternative idea
> > is "Various authors", what doesn't sound well, either.
> I was just told that the real problem might be that the WZRP can't have a
> copyright on anything, because it doesn't exist in any legal way in
> reality...
> So I guess "various authors" is the only option. Am I correct?

Well, at least Scummvm, Dosbox and Pentagram all use "Copyright XXX
team" in their copyright notices. Who exactly wrote what is recorded in
revision control. I don't think there's a problem doing it that way.

(There is not even a need to include those notices, since copyright is
implicit, they just make it explicit. It's just to make it more obvious,
and might be useful in case of conflicts, then it has to be recorded
somewhere. I think the SVN records are enough in our case, though maybe
a bit more complicated than explicit mention in every file.)

> > So what is the general opinion? Use WZRP anyway, in the hope that no one of
> > the older authors will object, or use various or use something different?

I think for the Berlios project the name was "Warzone Development
Project".

--
The first duty of a revolutionary is to get away with it.
                -- Abbie Hoffman