On Dec 16, 2007 4:54 AM, Freddie Witherden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I managed to get the Xcode project to build QuesoGLC and Popt and add
> > them to Warzone.
>
> Excellent news!
>
> > However, Warzone currently won't build because some
> > game structures have been changed and the endian_*() calls made it so
> > little-endian developers didn't notice that they had to change these
> > things.
>
> Luckily per is re-writing the save-game format so it should not be
> that much of a problem. I will however see if I can take a look at
> some of these problem functions.

All that needs to be done is to go through all of the on-disk formats,
save-game and others, and make sure that the right endian_*()
functions are called right before saving the file to disk and right
after reading it, for every element of the structure.

These problems are why I had suggested XML a while back.  Most of the
crashes on the Mac version of Warzone have been related to issues with
things being loaded from disk and having a different value than when
they were saved, and some are harder to track down than others.

The network code is the other place that I know is being changed
heavily but that right now has endian issues.  Maybe in the next
couple months we can get it to the point where Mac players can play
the trunk version and even play against other people online.  And
that's where the *real* fun in Warzone begins. :)

Ari