On Dec 16, 2007 11:39 AM, Ariston Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2007 4:54 AM, Freddie Witherden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I managed to get the Xcode project to build QuesoGLC and Popt and add
> > > them to Warzone.
> >
> > Excellent news!
> >
> > > However, Warzone currently won't build because some
> > > game structures have been changed and the endian_*() calls made it so
> > > little-endian developers didn't notice that they had to change these
> > > things.
> >
> > Luckily per is re-writing the save-game format so it should not be
> > that much of a problem. I will however see if I can take a look at
> > some of these problem functions.
>
> All that needs to be done is to go through all of the on-disk formats,
> save-game and others, and make sure that the right endian_*()
> functions are called right before saving the file to disk and right
> after reading it, for every element of the structure.

I did this.  It was just that there was no longer struct { x, y, z }
pos; but just x, y, z in the OBJECT_SAVE_V19 definition.

Now, Warzone will start up, but this is what I get:
http://hermes.theari.com/~ari/wztrunk-20071216.png

Maybe someone who knows more about QuesoGLC or how it's all hooked
into Warzone can help figure this one out.  For those who were around
in mid-2005 when I started the Mac port, you'll recall that garbled
menu text was the first hurdle I had to deal with once I got the game
to compile. :)

Ari