On Jan 29, 2008 1:55 PM, Kamaze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i mentioned this already quite a while ago and want to talk again about
> it. Ok, i think it would be good if we would had an starting application
> for warzone, where you can setup game settings like the resolution
> etc... and features for managing mods and maps. As well it would be
> easier to implement a game (lobby) browser, instead of touching the
> awful GUI code - from what i heard about it.
>
> My idea was to implement this application via wxWidgets and transfer the
> data from this application via a socket at startup. That means, the
> starter starts warzone with the "-extern" flag, warzone fires up, opens
> a local socket and the starter transfers all needed data trough it.
> (Instead of implementing it via long cmd switches)
>
> However, thats the raw idea, I can explain it deeper if there is some
> positive resonance.

I would prefer that it exec() Warzone or terminate the launcher
process once Warzone is up and running.  The reason for this is that
it would be possible to bundle both executables into one Mac OS X
application bundle, and by having the launcher process no longer exist
once Warzone is running you would only have one icon on the Dock, I
believe.  That would be the cleanest solution (as far as the end user
sees) on the Mac.