On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That being said, I think most users, given the choice between no
> multi-turrets at all, or half-decent working multi-turrets they'd
> probably go for the latter.

Unfortunately, we get to deal with their bug reports when it doesn't work.

> So I say that we make it a configuration option in the skirmish/multiplayer
> setup screen

That is a lot of work. You need to disable multiturrets both in GUI
and in AI without touching the .txt files. You risk introducing new
bugs.

> and give the users a choice.

Users only want a choice until given a choice, then they want it to
work. Besides, in my experience, making it a user choice is a much too
easy excuse not to fix problems. I do not want us to start
accumulating half-dead (undead?) code this way. If we disable it, then
maybe someone will step up to fix it.

  - Per