On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 5:38 AM, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Zarel schreef:
>> They're pulse lasers (range 16) attacking something in range 11. I'd
>> say that's not intended.
>
> That being said, I think most users, given the choice between no
> multi-turrets at all, or half-decent working multi-turrets they'd
> probably go for the latter. So I say that we make it a configuration
> option in the skirmish/multiplayer setup screen and give the users a
> choice. Then we could always include a bugfix in a bugfix release (e.g.
> 2.1.1, 2.1.2, etc.) later on if we find one.

If users want half-working multi-turrets, they can use trunk. I think
a stable version should be, as its name implies, stable.

In addition, having the configuration in multiplayer would require
some kind of change to the netcode to make sure everyone has it
configured the same way, which would require a lot of work that would
need to go through testing.

In other words:

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 5:38 AM, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Okay, so just remove multi-turret support from 2.1 altogether then?
> And redirect users to trunk (nightly builds for windows users) if they
> want multi-turret support?

Yes.

-Zarel