On 2/28/09, Per Inge Mathisen <per.mathi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Bugs Buggy <buginato...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > *Actually remove features, and notify others that the feature was removed.
> (AKA, actually sync between machines.)
>
>  I would appreciate if you would not mix bug fixes and feature changes
>  (timer controlled drum spawning).

Yeah, sorry about that, but the patch was intertwined, and I didn't
think to remove that part, and do a separate commit. :(

> As I see it, this must be the bug
>  fix part:
>  +       // Since ANYPLAYER is supposed to be controlled by host only, that
>  creates a issue when
>  +       // a MP player gets a feature, and it is 'ANYPLAYER' it would never
>  send the destroy msg.
>  +       if (!myResponsibility(pF->player) || !(pF->player == ANYPLAYER))

>  You may well be right about the problem, but I do not see how this can
>  be a correct fix. This will AFAICT only destroy a feature if it is
>  owned by ANYPLAYER.
>
>   - Per

Oil drums are always player = 99.  The myResponsibility() check
returns true if host controls, or is player 99.  This was a mistake,
since when a client hits that check, they wouldn't be responsible for
it.  That is why the ANYPLAYER check.
Adding that allows the clients to say 'yeah, we got that barrel, now
tell the others'.

 Hope that makes sense?