On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 12:30:21AM +0200, Christian Ohm wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was thinking about chagning the font Warzone uses (why DejaVu Sans _Mono_?),
> and noticed that 2.2 beta1 still used the 2.1 config dir. Beta2 will use a new
> one, so everyone will get its default configuration.
>
> The changes I'd like to see are:

> - Coloured cursors on: Comments in the code say it has a performance hit, but
>   there's a config option to disable them (and shadows also have a cost and
> are
>   enabled by default).

The question is how big a performance cost.  The game should be playable
in its default state.  Cursor lag is bad.  We will know by the screaming!

> - Disable pause on focus loss: If you want to pause, you can always press
>   escape to pull up the menu, and it's annoying as default.

Yeah, annoying.

> Per also wanted to disable the rotating radar. It doesn't bother me much, but
> agree that it's somewhat strange.

I'm guessing someone was never a Boy Scout or Young Pioneer or such.

The first thing you do when navigating is rotate the map so it matches the
direction you are facing.  That way, your view and your map match.  Less
confusion and fewer mental gymnastics.

I'd keep rotating radar as the default.

--
Stephen Swaney