Hi, Try downloading the gem from this page and installing it locally: http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Development+Builds
# Download the gem. # Open a command window. # cd to the directory where you downloaded the gem. # type gem install --local watir Cheers, Alister On Oct 7, 2:55 am, ran_watir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I have been perusing the discussion lists to find something related to > problems installing watir on Windows. Although I did find a lot of > things, did not see the specific error message I am encountering. > There was no gem to update and I downloaded the most recent version of > Ruby I found on their web site. I am behind a firewall that requires > authentication but setting HTTP_PROXY variable did not help either. I > am running Windows XP. > > Any suggestions? > > Thanks in advance. > > Ranulfo > > D:\>gem install watir > ERROR: http://gems.rubyforge.org/does not appear to be a repository > ERROR: could not find gem watir locally or in a repository > > D:\>gem update --system > Updating RubyGems > Nothing to update > > D:\>gem install watir > ERROR: http://gems.rubyforge.org/does not appear to be a repository > ERROR: could not find gem watir locally or in a repository > > D:\>gem -v > 1.2.0 --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Watir General" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] Before posting, please read the following guidelines: http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
