I've found that the gem installer works much better if you do a "gem 
update --system". Unfortunately this can be hard to do also (for the 
same reasons).

On one occassion, I did this update on a machine that did not have 
connection problems, then I copied the entire ruby directory to my other 
machines. After that, the gem installer worked great.

Bret

Tim Koopmans wrote:
> This happens to me a lot. Try installing from gem files downloaded
> manually. There's some instructions on how to do this here:
> http://justaddwatir.com/watir/q-how-do-i-gem-install-watir-behind-a-proxy-server/
>
> Check out the comments section for recent example.
>
> Regards,
> Tim Koopmans
> >
>   


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Watir General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines: 
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to