if you look in Lisa Crispins book, page 323, there is an example of a test
reporting app like you describe. This was written in rails and was in use (
and still is ) at financial internet company. Disclaimer - I wrote this app
;-)

I think there is a big opportunity for someone to write n open source
version of this, many people like the idea. But it does depend on the nature
of your company. Where Im working things like that are interesting to the
managers or development group.

Paul