Can anyone send some sample code that creates reports using the html reporting 
class?  Preferably a report with all of the bells and whistles that management 
would like to see.  Thanks alot.

 

- Shelton
 
> Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:47:22 -0700
> Subject: [wtr-general] Re: Test Results Report Methods
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> 
> 
> For performance data, it's hard to beat excel or a db, since that lets
> you create nice trending charts etc. Makes it really easy for upper
> management to see if things are getting better or worse, or when a
> sudden change occurs for better or worse.
> 
> For pass/fail stuff here I was using the HTML reporting class that's
> in the examples (with a few tweaks to support a 'blocked' status) in
> the Watir Wiki.
> 
> I've since largely switched over to using Watir with Watircraft +
> Cucumber, but have been heads-down on a lot of manual work and not had
> a lot of time for automation the last week or three. So I don't
> really have enough scenarios coded to generate a big enough report
> that I'd want to show to the bosses.. I'll be looking at whatever
> cucumber allows me to do reporting wise when the time comes, and/or
> incessently pestering brett to add some kind of pretty html reporting
> to the framework if what cucumber has isn't good enough for my needs.
> 
> Good reporting becomes important from a visability standpoint IMHO,
> since automation often seems to more 'prevent' new bugs more than
> 'find' existing bugs (well other than when it's first written). So
> test reporting becomes important to demonstrate to your higherups that
> you are 'doing something' when they don't see you logging a lot of
> bugs.
> 
> On Apr 15, 3:19 pm, Tiffany Fodor <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've been using ci_reporter to generate xml reports of my Test::Unit
> > results (also works with RSpec) and then I use xsl to transform them
> > to html.  It's not the best and I'm working on better reporting in my
> > next framework.  I'll be using Rails, so I'll likely store results in
> > MySQL and then make reporting pages in the Rails app.
> >
> > -Tiffany
> >
> > On Apr 15, 3:56 pm, Jason Shelton <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > > All,
> >
> > > I have always used Excel as my test output/results format, but I would 
> > > like to enhance this.  I have spoken with our DBA, and, if necessary he 
> > > will create a table in our database for my test automation results.  What 
> > > I am asking is if you all can recommend any techniques and/or 
> > > methodologies for reporting your test results.  What worked for you?  
> > > What looks nice?  As I said, I have always used Excel, with the green or 
> > > red cells(pass/fail), but I would like to take my test results to the 
> > > next level.  Thanks in advance for all of your help.
> >
> > > - Shelton
> >
> > > _________________________________________________________________
> > > Internet Explorer 8 – Get your Hotmail Accelerated.  Download 
> > > free!http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/141323790/direct/01/- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > - Show quoted text -
> > 

_________________________________________________________________
Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry
http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Mobile2_042009
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Watir General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines: 
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to