Thanks for all your assistance so far guys!

Bret - yes, you're right - it is a different issue because my error is
produce consistently every time.

Alex - 32-bit (Linux emily-desktop 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed Jun 18
14:43:41 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux)

Is there a way to check if the jssh extension has installed
successfully (apart from it appear in the Add-ons > Extensions list in
Firefox). I keep feeling like something hasn't installed correctly or
I've missed a step.

Would anyone know if it's possible for router settings to affect the
jssh extension? (I'm just thinking of any differences between my work
& home setup).

Thanks again,
Em