Your issue is likely due to the line that reads:
"RuntimeError: Firefox is running without -jssh"

In order to start jssh listening on port 9997, Firefox must be run
from the Terminal command line as follows:

/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -jssh

You should then be able to do "telnet localhost 9997" from another
Terminal window. You'll know it's successful if you see a prompt that
looks something like:

Welcome to the Mozilla JavaScript Shell!

Hope this helps.