I was under the (maybe incorrect) impression that these releases are not
focused on the code per se, but rather on getting the release process
right: solve copyright and licensing issues, correct packaging of third
party libraries, and similar issues.
If that assumption is correct, at the moment I can not be of much help; Ali
and veteran Apache members know heaps more than I do, so I wouldn't be able
to provide a *meaningful* vote without first carefully studying the Apache
requisites.

However, if code is (very) relevant, I may have time to test it later this
weekend. (holidays, real life issues, and three hard disks failing in
almost-consecutive days, have been stopping me from testing the RC).

For the record, I've tested Ali's federation patches in the past, since
most of them had been in his github repo for weeks already: they do improve
the stability, and is a very nice and welcome improvement over the previous
status of wiab federation. Only for that, I'd provide a +1 vote. Though as
I mentioned, I have not really tested those patches in the exact form as
they are included in the latest RC4.

--
Regards/Saludos,
     Bruno Gonzalez