Joseph,
When I don't click that link it's because I'm not interested at the moment or
too busy. Some of the things I get I read in intermittent fashion. If I had to
wait for an HTML page to load I might just sign off altogether. That's
happened.

Mostly, I think it's nice to offer people a choice of formats. It's also very,
very nice to explain each format and its implications ("attractive, easy to
read but loads slowly" sort of thing) for newbies.

S.