Riva

In regards to body text I regularly have the same problems and I explain to the client that my job isn't just to make the site look pretty, it's to make the entire user experience a good one, which includes quality-checking the text content too.

My compromise with them is that I fix spelling and grammatical errors in what they supply. If any sentence or wording is confusing or could benefit from restructuring I assemble a checklist of everything with my proposed version and mail it to them so they can see what I've done and why I've done it. The client usually runs with my changes then because they've been informed as to what's going on.

Sometimes I've restructured a sentence thinking it was awkward or confusing only to find out I've changed what they were trying to say. In that regard it's also a writing issue on their part so I discuss with them how to rewrite to retain the message but without it being confusing.

It usually takes a while but I've found it to be more constructive and gets things done instead of just re-writing content based on my opinions and writing style, mailing it back only for them to think I'm pedantic and they re-write it back again.

MOU Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com