Thanks Deb.  I think we need to put the email addresses on the site, but
perhaps not in "mailto:"; tags.  Is that what the bots look at when scanning?

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Digital Mouse Designs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 12:02 PM
To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com
Subject: Re: [wdvltalk] Email addresses on websites

At 11:21 AM 5/17/2007, you wrote:
>Just finishing up a site, and I was wondering - are most people still
>putting email addresses up on a site, and if so, are they encrypted?  I
>thought I heard from somewhere that was a primary way that spammers
>were getting addresses.
>
>If anyone has any opinions on this, I'm all ears!

Unless a client insists, I do not use site email addys.  It's my
understanding the bots have figured out how to decode all those little
coding things people have been using to try to circumvent them. As for forms
don't even bother w/a cgi form - they just pummel those and feast like no
tomorrow.  Use a strong php email form is my suggestion.

Deb • Designer @ Digital Mouse Designs • com

____ • The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM • ____ To Join wdvltalk, Send
An Email To: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or use the web
interface http://e-newsletters.internet.com/discussionlists.html/