Agreed.  Although, Darin Adler is about the only person I ever see
fill in per-file/per-function information. :)

But you're right, that the message could be made more clear.  Maybe
something like:

CHANGE DESCRIPTION GOES HERE. (OOPS!) SEE:
http://webkit.org/coding/contributing.html FOR MORE INFORMATION
FILE AND FUNCTION CHANGES SHOULD BE DESCRIBED NEXT TO NAMES BELOW

Seems kinda verbose.  Hopefully people will actually read
http://webkit.org/coding/contributing.html

-eric