On Jul 10, 2009, at 4:41 PM, Jan Michael Alonzo wrote:

Hi Maciej

=== Action Plan ===

* Phase 1 *

<snip>

C) Improve the way we get attention from reviewers. I think we should do three things here: C.1) Split review queues, based on our emerging [Bracket] convention for patches needing specialized review. If we find more areas of specialty besides ports, we can add new [Bracket] tags.

Can we split by Component as well? So for example, there will be queues for "WebCore [Mac]", "WebCore", "Accessibility [Gtk]" etc.. and treat non-bracketed patch queues as patches that affect core, non-platform specific code?

We could optionally do that, but I'm worried about splitting the review queue too much. I'd like to start with the bracket convention and see if we need to go beyond that.

   C.2) Improve the quality of emails sent
C.3) Highlight in a special way patches that have been waiting for review longer that some minimum period (a week?). These could be highlighted visually in the review queue, and maybe would send extra review request emails automatically.

In addition, is it possible maybe to send a weekly or forthnightly "outstanding review requests" to webkit-dev?

That's a reasonable idea.

Regards,
Maciej