On Aug 15, 2012, at 2:29 PM, Elliott Sprehn <espr...@chromium.org> wrote:

> WebKit is the only browser that implements the magic counter named
> "list-item" and we have no tests for it.

Seems like we really ought to add some tests for it.

> It's not useful since we don't support the ::marker pseudo element

Maybe it can’t be used for its best and most obvious uses without ::marker, but
it still work and can be used for some things. Here’s an example of it doing
some good:

counter(list-item); } </style>
<ol>
 <li>A</li>
 <li>B</li>
 <li>C</li>
</ol>
The list above has <span id="list-count"></span> items in it.

I’m still OK with removing it if there is an argument that the current
implementation does more harm than good.

-- Darin