On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Gergely Kis <gerg...@homejinni.com> wrote: > Yes, I saw that thread, but I got confused by this other thread: > https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2012-April/020339.html > > Here most of the participants seemed to agree that moving the 2 repositories > to use the same SHA ids is the best course of action.
Unfortunately, the folks who maintain the mirror don't appear to agree. Given that they've been gracious enough to let us use their mirror, it's hard for us to ask them to change how they run it. > In any case, if the github repo is the way to go now, then we will do the > transition... That's likely the path of least resistance. Adam > On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Eric Seidel <e...@webkit.org> wrote: >> >> This has come up in the past. I believe the current recommended path >> is to use the github.com SHAs and just live in a github-only world. >> >> https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2012-March/020002.html >> has some discussion. >> https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/UsingGitHub >> >> I am not aware of any plan to change the SHAs in the github mirror or >> git.webkit.org (which is unfortunate, but the current reality). >> >> -eric >> >> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Gergely Kis <gerg...@homejinni.com> >> wrote: >> > Hi, >> > >> > It looks like that the github mirror and git.webkit.org still has >> > different >> > SHA ids for commits. Is this final, or is the plan still to switch to >> > the >> > git.webkit.org SHA ids? >> > >> > For our MIPS staging repository we created a new mirror on github from >> > git.webkit.org, and now we were asked by the github admins to reduce the >> > repository to less than 1GB. I assume that if we would fork from the >> > github.com/WebKit/webkit repository, then it would be fine with the >> > github >> > admins. >> > >> > However, if it is still the plan to switch to the git.webkit.org SHA ids >> > in >> > the github mirror as well, then we would like to avoid the extra work of >> > rebasing our work to the github mirror commits, and then rebasing it >> > back >> > when the transition is made. >> > >> > We have to decide in the next couple days, because github will disable >> > access to our repository again, so any status update on this transition >> > plan >> > would be helpful. >> > >> > Alternatively, if you have any experience with the github admins in how >> > to >> > ask for more space for webkit repositories, any advice would be very >> > appreciated. >> > >> > Best Regards, >> > Gergely Kis >> > >> > _______________________________________________ >> > webkit-dev mailing list >> > email@example.com >> > http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-dev >> > > > > > _______________________________________________ > webkit-dev mailing list > firstname.lastname@example.org > http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-dev > _______________________________________________ webkit-dev mailing list email@example.com http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-dev