I noticed that the “Offline Assembler” build step was taking between 5 and 30
seconds every time I build. Really stands out in incremental builds. I realized
that this step does not do any dependency analysis. Every time, it builds a
hash of the input to see if it needs to recompute the assembly.

That’s probably not the best pattern; normally we like to use file modification
dates to avoid doing any work when files haven’t changed.

Is there someone who can help me fix this so we get faster incremental builds?

— Darin