Off the top of my head, check they types of the keys to, as defined in the
EOModel, to the M:N table and in the M:N table.  Are all consistently Integer
or Long in Java?

Chuck

From: OC <o...@ocs.cz>
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 6:33 PM
To: Chuck Hill <ch...@gevityinc.com>
Cc: "webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com WebObjects" <webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com>
Subject: Re: EOF inserts already existing M:N relationships/empty snapshot?!?

Chuck,

On 21. 9. 2016, at 2:40, o...@ocs.cz<mailto:o...@ocs.cz> wrote:

Aside of that, I have added a log into the
DatabaseContextDelegate.databaseContextShouldUpdateCurrentSnapshot method, and
here I *never* get *anything* for the relationships: neither the old (which is
presumable) *nor the new* dictionary ever contain the “userDataBlocks” or
“dataBlockUsers” key — not once.

well this one's weird, or I am missing something of importance here.

Meantime, I have played with another M:N, which works without a glitch (and
which is modelled the same way as that one which does not, incidentally). Here,
save-time, the snapshot does contain the proper related objects (and thus
proper INSERTs are generated).

The weird thing is that these objects *do not* come into the snapshot through
the DatabaseContextDelegate.databaseContextShouldUpdateCurrentSnapshot method!
It logs all right when the object is fetched, but the new (nor the old, of
course) dictionary does *not* contain the relationship key at all -- precisely
the same way it is with that relationship which does not work properly!

Nevertheless, as mentioned above, save-time, the snapshot is all right.
Couriouser and couriouser, Alice would say :-O

Thanks and all the best,
OC