From: "ocs@ocs" <o...@ocs.cz>
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 5:15 PM
To: Chuck Hill <ch...@gevityinc.com>
Cc: "webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com" <webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com>
Subject: Should loading a shared object try to fetch? (was: Should ERXEC get
sharedEC automagically?)

Even without ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool, there's another strange behaviour.
I happen to be loading my objects (many of which happen to be in the SEC) using
“EOUtilities.objectWithPrimaryKeyValue”.

If the object happens to be in the SEC, I get it all right, but when I switch
on SQL log, it looks like it is fetched anyway?!? I.e., something like this:

===
println "== about to load $pk from $ec.identityHashString (SEC
$ec.sharedEditingContext.identityHashString)"
def foo=ec.sharedEditingContext.objectsByEntityName[ename].find {
it.rawPrimaryKey==pk }
if (foo!=nil) println "   it IS pre-loaded in SEC: $foo"
            //object=EOUtilities.objectWithPrimaryKeyValue(ec,ename,pk)

object=ERXEOControlUtilities.objectWithPrimaryKeyValue(ec,ename,pk,NSArray.EmptyArray,NO,NO)
println "   got $object"
===

logs out something like

===
== about to load 101 from 25673087 (SEC a7cf42f)
   it IS pre-loaded in SEC: <DBDFList@3a4aadf8 PK:101 SEC:a7cf42f>
4663 [main] DEBUG NSLog  -  === Begin Internal Transaction
4663 [main] DEBUG NSLog  -  evaluateExpression:
<com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.FrontbasePlugIn$FrontbaseExpression: "SELECT
t0."C_DESCRIPTION", t0."C_CREATION_DATE", t0."C_CREATOR_ID", t0."C_IDENTIFIER",
t0."C_CONTENT_DATA", t0."C_MODIFICATION_DATE", t0."C_TITLE", t0."C_UID" FROM
"T_DF_LIST" t0 WHERE t0."C_UID" = 101" withBindings: >
4664 [main] DEBUG NSLog  - 1 row(s) processed
4665 [main] DEBUG NSLog  -  === Commit Internal Transaction
   got <DBDFList@3a4aadf8 PK:101 SEC:a7cf42f>
===

Happens even with a
“ERXEOControlUtilities.objectWithPrimaryKeyValue(...,NSArray.EmptyArray,false,false)”
 instead.

Does it make any sense? I would presume that with the desired object in the
SEC, no database roundtrip should be needed (and done) at all?

Thanks and all the best,
OC