Hi André,

On Oct 20, 2010, at 10:14 AM, Andre Schnabel wrote:
> 1st) we need something to present information to our users and can be setup
> in rather short time, does not cost to much time regarding maintenance and
> provides an rather easy way to edit content.
> People are currently asking for better structure and more information
> at the website - I'd love to see people without technical skills on
> scm, plain html and so on to provide such content.

Understood, and agreed! I think we can all agree that either of our top CMS
choices solves this issue readily.

> 2nd) we would need a solution to cover much more infrastructure then
> "just the website". As some of you already pointed out, we might need
> to host own template site, extension site (and please let's have some
> ways to access this from within the Application, just like mozilla
> apps do this), and whatever you might dream of.
> But this is a real long-term solution and no urgent requirement for the
> next two months.

Longterm expansion is something I've had in mind since the conversation began.
I'm not sure I always communicated it effectively, but I have certainly been
thinking about it from the start.

I'm also a big supporter of integrating the LibO application with online
resources--at least a year ago I wrote and presented an "OOo Dashboard" concept
that attempted to address this, and I will refresh and share it again in the
near future, for LibO this time.

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bho...@mac.com