On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Florian Effenberger
<flo...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote on 2013-03-15 22:59:
>
>> would there be any good way for someone with just an email account to
>> get signed up with the Ask LO system.
>

> unfortunately only when either some developer implements that functionality,
> or the AskBot developers offer the functionality in their code. :-(

I finally got some time to follow-up here, and I have good news! I
posted a question on the Askbot site and did some digging, and what
appears to be compatible functionality was already added:

http://askbot.org/doc/changelog.html
---
0.7.44 (Nov 11, 2012)

• "Optional restriction to have confirmed email address to join forum (Evgeny)"
---

We're currently running Askbot 0.7.43, so once we're upgraded to the
latest (0.7.48+) we should be able to enable this functionality and
allow local accounts.

Florian -- Once the upgrade is done, could you please help us verify
that this mechanism passes muster for the "double opt-in" you
described?

Kracked -- Once we're ready to roll out local accounts, could you be
available for any testing that we need to do?

Thanks,
--R