Hi,

2013/12/31 Robinson Tryon <bishop.robin...@gmail.com>

> It might be a good time for us to revisit the pages that have more
> 'common' content on them, for example:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DE/Bugzilla
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DE/Download_mit_zsync
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FR/Evaluation_of_CMS_Platforms
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FR/TDF/Membership
>
> In some cases, it's possible that these pages just pre-date the
> creation of pages on these topics in English. In that respect, we
> might just need to have a wiki party to bring this content back
> together and/or create English versions of small articles.

In the last days I have looked at some pages in doubt. It is not always
easy to recognize if the content is in foreign language.
I was just insulted by an esparanto contributor as I moved a page about
eo-extensions from EO to
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Extensions/eo although
it was about specialties around esperanto.
He could be convinced to expand his page with some translation from the en
page.
The zsync page mentioned above is also such an example. It deals only with
the german CD/DVD distribution (LibreOfficeBox)

In my opinion we should keep the number of pages under the language
namespaces as low as possible. It is easier to find things if they are in
the multilangual structure.

> [..]
>

> I also came across some event pages:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DE/CeBIT2012
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DE/CeBIT2013
>
> In general, I'd suggest we create all of our event pages under
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/YYYY/
>
> ...and I'd suggest we have at least a stub-page in English with dates,
> location, etc. The CeBIT pages are a good test case, because their
> purpose is "Coordination (in German)." In that case, I think the
> English base-page could say something like "For more details (in
> German), see [[Events/2014/CeBIT/de]]."
>
> A good solution.

Bye

Volker